Fiberglass Tanks See list below.
Why Should You Use A Fiberglass Tank?
Benefits Of Fiberglass Tanks
- Superior Corrosion Resistance
- High Tensile Strength & Flexibility
- Easily Formulated & Designed to Customize Tank For Different Uses, Products & Temperatures
- Ease of Repair & Reconfiguration
- Durable & Economical
Not all Fiberglass is Created Equal
- Long Life Span
- 12 Times Stronger Than Steel By Weight
- High Strength To Weight Ration
- Ease of Transport & Off-Loading
- Structural Design
- Lower Cost For Large to Medium Volumes
- Corrosion Resistant
- Flexibility to Custominze Tanks
- UV Stable-Resistant to Environmental Exposure
- Above Ground or Below Ground Tank Options
Polyester Resin Classes & Characteristics
- Failures and issues occur when fiberglass tanks are not
built to meet service conditions or quality procedures are not followed.
- Often end users do not know the right questions to ask
to ensure they are getting their fiberglass tank properly specified.
- This is important due to the many different grades of resin and glass. Ensuring quality procedures and specifications are followed delivers a durable tank.
- Orthophthalic Resin: General Purpose
- commonly referred as a General Purpose Resin, provides basic containment properties, but does not provide long-term corrosion and weathering resistance. Most fiberglass tank manufacturers build their standard tank using Orthophthalic Resin Systems.
- Isophthalic ResinEnhanced chemical resistance, tensile strength, durability, and fatigue resistance
- Used when a higher degree of corrosion resistance is needed. Isophthalic resins have enhanced chemical resistance, tensile strength, durability, and fatigue resistance. Due to all the enhanced properties Nationwide Tank and Pipe use an Isophthalic Resin System in their standard engineered tank design to provide customers with a durable, long-lasting, maintenance free tank.
- Vinyl Ester Resin Systems: Highest quality of chemical and heat resistance, therefore they are commonly used in industrial applications
- provide the highest quality of chemical resistance. Vinyl Ester resins eliminates virtually all moisture vapor transfer, which provides an excellent barrier for the containment of corrosive fluids. Vinyl Ester resin also provides excellent heat resistance along with corrosion resistance. Vinyl Ester Resins are hydrolytically stable which allows for the increased performance in chemical resistance, tensile strength, elongation, durability, fatigues resistance and adhesive properties. Nationwide Tank and Pipe has upgraded to using Vinyl Ester to laminate all welds, fittings and flanges.